View Single Post
Old December 13th 19, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 10:23:46 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Unfair to do this on a forum perhaps but I think it's that bad. Wondering if anyone else with an older SH model is feeling the same.
I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what should be required, no need to quibble over the details. Have I done everything I could to get parts? No. Should I have to? No.
Website has not been updated in 4 years, things are listed for sale that they do not even have. I've never had the phone answered directly by anyone. I almost never get a reply to my first email, and my questions are usually not answered.

The practice of Law would be enjoyable if one didn't have clients. I know it is annoying to make repeated calls for a little part one needs, maybe even AOG until satisfaction. However, I did want to give a shout out to Monty and the other guy for years of service to the glider community. Just consider that a dealer takes on liability for the product they rep, occasionally at considerable cost to themselves. Being a Dealer is in many ways a full-time job without the money that goes with a full-time job. There are many little parts that must be kept in inventory and every customer must be dealt with to the costumers' satisfaction. Then there is the dealing with notoriously cheap glider pilots. I say thank you M&H and all the other dealers, and to Garret I say, congratulations and I hope you know what you got yourself into!