Old July 4th 20, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Adhesive for wing bumper pads

On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 2:52:51 PM UTC-4, william geiger wrote:
I need to reattach one. What adhesive would work? I think I put this one on with rubber cement and got 10 plus years service but was wondering if there is a better solution for getting the flat surface of the rubber bumper to adhere to the curved wing surface.

Hi Bill,

sand the old gunk off of both surfaces, clean them thoroughly with denatured alcohol and then use contact cement according to the mfg instructions. That stuff works best for that application.
If you ever have an undue side-load, you want these things to come off clean rather than break the glass or gelcoat. The tail-skid of the early Std.-Astir was attached to the tail boom the same way for the same reason.

Uli
'AS'