Old October 6th 05, 04:03 AM

F4, combat load, my DaNang rule of thumb, max gross+, 1004, sea level,
4400 feet to lift-off. I say max gross plus because for about 9 months
we were taxiing 2-3000 over gross because no one had actually sat down
and updated the weight and balance after various mods and load
additions. One of the benefits? of SACumsized maintenance was that Wing
QC was responsible for all that W&B paperwork and not the squadrons. As
if we worried about it, anyway, at least not until the CBU38 mine
dispensers were loaded on the inboard TERs and the first crew aborted
because the beast wouldn't rotate at 195 KIAS. FWIW our usual load was
CL bag, MERs with 12xMk82, TERs with a jammer, 2xAIM7, 2xAIM9.
Did fly about 2 dozen CAS missions with 18xMk82s.
Walt BJ