Old December 8th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Daniels

Default Trouble Getting Hotel Room For SSA Convention

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message
As I recall, the last convention in Albuqerque also coincided with the
bowler's convention. Sure a lot more bowlers than soaring pilots!

The problem with the idea of staying in a cheaper motel is that most of
them are outside walking distance, and the cost of a car rental pretty
much eliminates any cost savings.

Does anyone know the names of any cheap motels within walking distance?

None that I know of. But hey, there will be a lot of people there with
their own cars who could give you a ride to the convention each day.

Bill Daniels