Old September 16th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default XCSoar opinion

On Sep 16, 9:24*am, Andres wrote:
I'm getting into XC flying and I would like to get opinions on the use
of XCSoar for navigation. Is it useful, reliable, is it worth using
etc? *Thanks in advance.

It's free. It's well supported. It has more features than I'll ever
use.
Pick up a used PDA on ebay (under $50.00) and a GPS source, and you're
ready for the OLC. If you're going to do any badge flying, bite the
bullet and buy a Certified Flight Recorder (CFR). There are lots of
good units out there, but they're not cheap. Expect to pay $700 -
$950.
Best Regards,
Jim