Old August 17th 20, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Another E glider concept

On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 8:19:10 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 8/16/2020 6:19 PM:

If you mean the fins on either side of the nose clearly marked "sensor", likely angle of attack vanes. Not very useful when the motor is running...

Not thinking about the sensor fin.

at 0:25 in the video. The horizontal line mid screen a few inches below the canopy. Looks like a transition between a flatish underbelly and vertical cockpit upper side. Looks like the chines under a boat?

The lines extend along the tail boom, too. I can't think of any reason for them.

I do like the propeller concept. It allows 3 blades, giving it 50% more swept area
for the same diameter propeller as a two blade prop. That should enable them to
use a 50% more powerful motor than the two blade FES, or more ground clearance for
the same swept area. The reasons for the Vee tail are not obvious to me.

Concepts are really nice because you don't have to worry about any of those pesky engineering details.