Old March 29th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Propellers

wrote:
I want to run my engine (ford v-6) this summer for various tests and I
want some sort of prop. What do most people use for props when testing
at this stage? I was thinking of glueing together 2 or 3 fir 2x6's or
using a laminate beam (leftovers from a remodeling project) and carving
some airfoil shape. Seems like it should work if it is balanced. Of
course I don't want to sling a blade down the taxiway or through my
neighbors hangar door. Anybody offer some suggestions? Thanks.

David Woolery

I seem to recall a thread about propeller G loads a while back.

The number is staggering!

Just slap a prop on it for initial test runs.

No idea, if it's geared.

Direct drive? Try something from an 85 - 100 hp airplane?

Best of luck.

Richard

PS: I happen to have a Chevy 4 liter V6 - if anybody interested is watching.