Old June 4th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

You're so full of crap, YOU make assumptions and condemn
others without anything but your opinion and guilt. FO.

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| newsAtgg.26330$ZW3.14292@dukeread04...
| Gee, I do remember exactly what the author said, in
context.
| Since did not make up what he said and this is neither a
| court of law or a college manuscript, my word is all
that I
| need.
|
| Intellectual integrity should not be restricted to courts
and colleges. It
| is deeply slanderous to claim that a respected black
author had written "a
| book about how glad he is his ancestors were slaves", and
deeply
| irresponsible to make such a defamatory claim without even
trying to verify
| it. (Of course, a sufficiently racist person might not
even realize that the
| claim is defamatory, and thus might not realize that
special care is
| warranted before making the claim.)
|
| If you question my memory, you're certainly free to
| research the matter and print your results.
|
| That's ludicrous. It's impossible to prove that an alleged
passage did *not*
| appear in some unnamed book by some unnamed author. The
burden of proof is
| obviously on the person who claims it *did* appear.
|
| But your worldview is so impervious to reality that you
are able to continue
| to believe that your recollection is accurate even if
neither you nor anyone
| else is ever able to find the outrageous book you claim to
have read. Thus,
| in your imaginary world, there are respectable African
American authors who
| are grateful for slavery, and your inability to actually
find such an author