Old June 4th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

I stated that freedom was lost in 1968. Also, I was not
defending any "right-wing extremist" position. I did
recount the interview and the answer that the author made, I
was not characterizing his answer to a question, The
author, Keith Richburg said he was thankful his ancestors
had been brought to this country so he never had to live in
Africa. I would say that "brought to" is slavery.

I'm sure that if I had the money and time to waste, I could
get a transcript or even the tape of the interview. But I
will just drop the issue since it isn't worth my time to
argue about what you think.

some support

. ..

wrote in message
| Gee, I'm sorry that I didn't write out all the details,
but
| my memory is accurate. I have no guilt or
expectations.
| The reporter had been on assignment in Africa and was
very
| glad he didn't have to live there.
|
| Keith Richburg
| http://capmag.com/article.asp?id=799

| Yes, Richburg says he is glad his ancestors came to
America. But that is not
| the same as his being glad they were enslaved (even if
that is in fact how
| they got here).
|
| As I pointed out earlier, a Jewish person might similarly
be glad his
| ancestors ended up in America, but without thereby being
grateful for the
| holocaust that forced their migration. There's a *huge*
difference.

| It would be monstrous for a person to be glad that a
massive atrocity
| occurred just because, as a side effect, it left him
personally better off
| than he believes he otherwise would have been (not to
mention that the
| comparison is nonsensical--if history had gone differently
than it actually
| did, then no one would exist who actually exists now;
there'd be an entirely
| different set of people).
|
| Above all, what's astonishing is for someone here to
*approvingly* cite that
| inaccurately-recalled monstrous sentiment while trying to
defend the
| extremist right-wing position that America was a "free
country" until 1864