Old April 21st 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default F-105 and A-4 loss rates over North Vietnam

"KDR" wrote in news:1145256249.136365.188260
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Guy Alcala wrote:

snip
For
a collection of personal accounts from the navy side, I recommend
"Alfa Strike: Vietnam" as you'll find excellent descriptions of navy
strike ops with A-1s, A-4s, A-6s and A-7s there.

snip
Guy

Many thank for recommendations. I already read "When Thunder Rolled" so
it looks like a good choice to pick "Alfa Strike: Vietnam" to know more
about the Skyhawk ops.

Guy, also my thanks, I have two of these books on their way to my local
library thanks to your comments.

To pick one nit, you may have better luck looking under Alpha than Alfa:

Alpha strike Vietnam : the Navy's air war, 1964 to 1973
Jeffrey L. Levinson
ISBN 0891413383