Old June 29th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default A story most pilots will understand, and enjoy

"RomeoMike" wrote in message
news
As it turned out I was later in life able to log 1.3 hours of PIC time
doing aerobatics in the P-51 "Crazy Horse," an experience as wonderful as
any other in life.

Cool!

If any of you are cruising up the Oregon Coast, stop in at the Tillamook Air
Museum. Not only is there a Mustang (bf109, Spit, P-38, Thunderbolt...),
there's a powerplant from a Mustang he was flying that threw a rod straight
through the block in midflight. I'm pretty sure owner Jack Erickson was
flying it himself; made it home just fine. The engine damage is a testament
to power, although IIRC the display mentions that the engine was heavily
modified for racing, not an originally-configured Merlin.

Have a great weekend.
-c