Old July 20th 04, 10:04 AM
Ian

Which didn't appear to be much of a disadvantage for the Israelis when
killing Syrians, the Saudis when killing Iraqis, the yanks when killing
Iraqis.....

Genuine Q?

Did the Saudis ever actually shoot any Iraqi a/c down? Stories I've heard
are that they were "unsure" of how to actually use their weapon systems, and
had to be coached mid-combat by the USAF and RAF who were around them at the
time?

Was some political pressure for the RSAF to contribute to GWI, so despite
the fact that another a/c (RAF F3??) had the shot, the commander denied it?

May just be aircrew fokelore (oh and it wasn't an RAF pilot that told me
this - was while I was working with USN a few years ago)