Old November 16th 03, 07:12 PM
GregR

I realise that this in only slightly funny, but makes me wonder
what is the funnyist thing you have ever heard on the radio?

An old anecdote that's made the rounds for a while goes something like
this:

Many commercial aircraft are stacked up waiting for approach to O'Hare.
ATC has imposed numerous delays, and some planes are already 1-2 hours
late. The WX is good, it's just that there is a traffic bottleneck
somewhere. Pilots, passengers, crew are all getting quite frustrated and
angry.

ATC: "All aircraft holding, expect 20 minutes additional delay."

Unknown A/C: "Ahhh . . . bull****!"

ATC: "Aircraft making last transmission, identify yourself."

(silence)

ATC: "Aircraft making last transmission, identify yourself immediately!"

(silence)

ATC: "Aircraft using 'bull****' in last transmission, identify yourself.
American 411, was that you?"

American 411: "Approach, American 411: negative on the 'bull****,' sir."

NW 202: "Approach, NW 202: negative on the 'bull****.'"

Delta 55: "Approach, Delta 55: negative on the 'bull****.'"

NW 33: "Approach, NW 33: we have a negative on that 'bull****.'"

.. . . and so on, right through the entire pattern.

--

GregR - Another Beemer Biker ...o&o

[This space for rent - inquire within]