Old February 4th 05, 03:34 PM
Stan Prevost

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:yoLMd.48293$EG1.25376@attbi_s53...

Although I'm replacing both tires, really only the right tire was bad.
It had five bald spots, while the left tire was still pretty good -- a bit
more worn on one side than the other, but that's pretty normal.

Jay, I don't really have an answer to why one wears more than the other, but
on our Saratoga, I found ($$) that the biggest thing that reduced tire wear
for me was to make sure I have retracted the flaps before braking. With
full flaps, and moderate braking, the tires have a tendency to slide a
little. While I usually try to not use any brakes at all after landing, or
very little, there times when it is needed.

Stan