Old October 29th 03, 09:48 PM
Mike Borgelt

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:24:12 +0000, Robert Ehrlich
wrote:

This is not true of all manufacturers. DG and Centrair use a very
good quality of gel coat, at least on the latest gliders (Pegase
90) for Centrair. My clubs owns 2 Pegases 90, they are 8 and 9 years
old and look like new. We also sold a DG 300 in order to replace
it by a more recent glider, I think it was more than 10 years old
and had no cracks. OTOH the policiy of the club is to buy used
gliders with badly cracked gel coat and so lower price, and to
use the local skill and available time to refinish them. So I
have seen badly cracked LS1f's and LS4's.

Robert,

That was my point. There are good quality gel coats available but some
manufacturers refuse to use them and this has gone on for 25 years.

Anybody know what product DG are currently using. I've seen that it is
Vorgelat T35 in which case my friends in the glider repair/refinish
business tell me you *will* have a problem.

Mike Borgelt