Old October 25th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jeb Hoge

Default Tomcat in Air and Space Museum

Bob McKellar wrote:
"DDAY" wrote in message
link.net...

Anybody have a list of the preserved Tomcats? I saw one up in Kalamazoo a
few weeks ago.

Due to the recent retirement of the type, things are very much in flux. For
example, Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston has been allocated one, but is
having trouble raising the money for transporting and preserving it.

http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/presf.htm (Scroll down)
http://www.f-14association.com/display.htm
http://www.tomcat-sunset/ (Link is intermittent - keep trying)

One is at the Virginia Aviation Museum at Richmond International
Airport, but I haven't actually seen the jet. It was flown there from
Oceana, though, so it's definitely on-site.