Old January 29th 21, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Default Weglide.org

Yet another online flight sharing tool without logbook capability, at least not yet.
I hope they planning to provide online logbook capability, with summary, stats etc, in proper format to be exported and printed.
the only one which had this capability was the paid subscription of crosscountry.aero but it is no longer working.
Skylines does not provide this functionality.
OLC does but it does not include all important parameters and does not provide summary and statistics, and the flight time is actually logger time and not flight time.
not sure why it is so difficult to included a proper electronic logbook so one does not need to use excel or, god forbid, a paper logbook...

Ramy

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 8:35:16 AM UTC-8, AS wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 1/25/21 10:42 PM, Bret Hess wrote:
skylines.aero is integrating with the weglide platform in some way. You can see the developments at https://github.com/skylines-project/...e&type=commits

Upon posting my last flight to Skylines, I noticed a check box to also
post my flight on weglide. I left it blank. I use Skylines to get the
stats for my logbook so what's in it for me to use another website?

--
Dan
5J

Nothing for you other than increasing your online footprint and giving some marketing company one more piece of the puzzle that makes up you so they can blast you with even more custom-tailored advertisement or even steal your identity.
Shoot - where did I leave my tinfoil hat .... ? ;-)

Uli
'AS'