Old September 10th 04, 09:52 PM
Matt Wiser

Default Cowardice -- has anyone noticed Americans fight from a distance

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article ,
(cliff) wrote:

"S. O. Damocles" wrote in message

q wrote:
meaning they use missiles
tanks
helicopters
planes

if close combat is required they use brain

dead iraqi new
recruits

eg

Maybe it's because American troops are pussies.

They cry like
little bitches when they're injured.

And everybody else whines and calls us pussies
when we find them and
bomb the hell out of them! It's really a shame
that we follow Patton's
advice:"I don't ask you to die for your country
-- I ask you to make the
other dumb SOB die for HIS country!"

If those dumb Islamists want to die for their
cause, as Norman
Schwartzkopf said, "I'd be glad to oblige them."

Are Americans cowardly? No, we are smart!

Hear, Hear! As Patton also said: "Find the *******s, then pile on!" There
are no Marquis of Quesenbery Rules of war. Fair means bringing as many of
my people home alive as possible, and to hell with the others. If that means
putting a JDAM into a building held by insurgents instead of storming it
and taking some casualties of your own, so be it. Same thing if an AH-1 or
AH-64 driver sees some bad guys setting up an ambush ahead of a convoy-he/she
is not going to let that convoy get hit: they will open up with rockets,
Hellfire, and 30mm until the enemy is either dead, scattered, or wanting
to surrender; then the convoy can come up and a reaction force can come along
and pick up the pieces (as well as the bodies).Unlike the insurgents-OUR
TROOPS AREN'T EXPENDABLE ASSETS. Ammunition is cheaper than human life-hence
the JDAM on an insurgent-held building. Only if it's not possible to use
firepower would we put our troops' lives in danger.