Old January 19th 09, 09:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

Default Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

In article e452f9d1-7e41-400a-9d21-
, says...
On Jan 15, 5:32*pm, Shirl wrote:
Kingfish wrote:
CNN is reporting all 135 on board got off the plane (and didn't get
wet!) Apparently a flock of geese got in the way soon after takeoff,
and both engines sucked in birds. Damn the luck...

Depends how you choose to view it. I'd say their luck was pretty damn
good!

Once, at general aviation speeds, we saw a flock of what seemed to be
canada geese at constant bearing out our windscreen. Sailers say
"Constant bearing means collision".

Just sailors say that? - jeez, whereabouts do *you* touch down on the
RWY?

--
Duncan