Old January 19th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
§ñühw¤£f[_2_]

Default Turboprops

Bertie the Bunyip pinched out a steaming pile
:

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

I flew into somewhere in SD in a Mesaba Saab 340. The flight before
had a bird strike on the windshield (goose), that broke off the
windshield wiper. The wiper blade then hit the prop, which flung the
broken blade through the side of the fuselage, impaling itself in

the
thigh of one of the pax. He had to go to the operating room for some
sort of surgery, but I do not think it broke his femur. Talk about

bad
luck.

They flew in a new prop the next day, and there was some speed tape

on
the side of the fuselage.

yipes. An airplane I uswed to fly had a wiper come loose and go right
through the engine, trashing it, but that is bad luck.

BTW, thehole in the fuse had to have had more than speed tape over it
unless thye were ferrying it unpressurised!

I've always wondered if the pax got to ride free on NWA for the rest
of his life.

Hehe
He'd have been lucky to get a taxi ride to the hospital for free!

They'd prolly refuse to give him anything to avoid being seen as

shoudergin
any blame whatsoever, I'd a thought.

Bertie

These two compelling stories are perfect examples of Why I Dont Fly.

nods

--
http://www.bds-palestine.net/?q=node/9