Old December 7th 15, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Volocopter - safest aircraft in the world

I just took another look at a full size picture of the Volocopter and a
thought occurs to me: Imagine all control being accomplished by varying
the speed of those motors. Now imagine the beat frequencies generated
by the rotors. You would go quickly insane without a terrific
noise-cancelling headset! What sort of vibrations would that cause in
the airframe? I guess they've addressed that issue...

On 12/7/2015 10:04 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
I agree that it's a very interesting project! I also read Charlie's
post and am glad that he got a look at the site and was able to
comment on the project.

I also agree that newer battery technology is needed to make this
anything more than a high-priced toy, but then that's what our gliders
are, aren't they?

On 12/7/2015 8:44 AM, Kilo-Bravo wrote:
Thanks Jonathan, I appreciate your comment.

Best regards from Germany
Klaus

--
Dan, 5J