Old January 15th 04, 03:14 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"karel adams" wrote:

"C J Campbell" schreef in
bericht ...

"RDA" wrote in message
. ..
| Dan Rather/ CBS Evening News is advertising a sensational news story

about
| small airport security, or, as the advertisement implies, the

serious lack
| of it.
|
| Typical tag line: "What we found out will surprise you!"

If the news media want more security, I suggest we let them have it.
Literally. Any news person photographing the airport or interviewing

pilots
or airport personnel should be bodily tackled and their camera and

recording
equipment smashed. Then we tell them that the airport cannot be

photographed
or aviation employees interviewed because it might give away security
secrets. Hey, if it is good enough the FAA's HQ, then we can do no

less for
our precious airfields.

cynical

Yes that certainly ought to be introduced.
Now that the former USSR enemy is dead
(or at least harmless)
the USA absolutely need to take over
all their weaknesses

Going the right way, Uncle Sam!
Wishing you a merry senility!

/cynical

PS suggestion: instead of allowing lawyers to sue
any supplier of aviation equipment/accessories
into bankruptcy, could not Uncle Sam steer them
against untruthful information providers?

KA

I watched the hit piece. IMHO, the Eagle's Nest people got taken -- they
probably invited CBS in, hoping that they would make a feature putting
the "threat" into perspective.

If the news people had any common sense, they would realize that GA --
especially residential airparks -- present the wrong demographics for
terrorists to thrive. In an airpark, everybody knows everybody else.
Those facts were probably deliberately left on the cutting room floor.

I heard that Sam Donaldson wanted to do a story on Spruce Creek about a
year ago -- the POA politely turned him down.