Old April 17th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Default Hauling a trailer by rail or car-carrier truck

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:31:20 -0700 (PDT), Barny
wrote:

Uli, I concur with avoiding rail. Here in Detroit our most severe auto
test used to be the rail simulator. Rail has a constant shake from the
track's joints that used to wear a car's suspension out before it
reached the dealership.

That's not the half of it. Just stand a few feet away from a freight
train starting up and your ears will tell you all you want to know on
that subject...;-)

rj