Old January 13th 21, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default LS8 ballast system plug spare part

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 9:24:11 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am looking for the LS8 ballast system plug rubber ring that seal the plug when ballasting LS8s. This rubber ring expands in the wing hole when teflon crown is "screwed".

Does anyone know when to find this except from DG and their service contract ?

All the best for 2021,

Denis

I know I lost one when I owned an LS8 and I replaced it with an off-the-shelf piece from an industrial supply house. I can't imagine it is a custom-made part. I just took the dimensions (inner diameter, outer diameter, thickness) and started googling. This is probably 10 years ago or more, and I can't find the order right now, but I'll post here if I do.