Old January 23rd 04, 02:56 AM
Mike Adams

How refreshing - a thread that's actually about airplanes!

One of our first upgrades was a King KMA-28, which is a re-branded PS
Engineering PMA7000. The thing just works perfectly. The built-in intercom
with "intellivox" works great, and the extra features like the split
control of the radios, "Karaoke" mode, etc. are all very nice.

I also have some experience with the RST kits, having successfully
assembled the 564 panel. It's not a King or PS, but the design and parts
quality are very good and assembly was straightforward. We're still working
through some installation check-out issues, but the panel looks good. Jim
will no doubt disagree (nothing personal), but there is some controversy
regarding installation of kit-built avionics in a certified airplane. As
Jim says on the web-site - work it out with your A&P and/or FSDO. It's not
really approved until someone is willing to sign off the log book entry as
a minor mod, or else try to go the 337 route, which could be problematic.
(or as someone said here awhile back, "I was just troubleshooting the
landing light circuit."!)

Mike

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

My Narco audio panel works just fine. However, the faceplate has been
glued back together twice by my avionics shop. (How it got broken in
the first place is anyone's guess...)

In the recent intense cold, the epoxy has let go again, so I think
it's time to replace the unit. Other than requiring the marker beacon
lights/receiver to be built-in, I have no prerequisites. Well, it
would be nice if it fit in the same hole without too much bother.

Any recommendations?