Old January 29th 04, 02:04 AM
Blueskies

So you are saying it is OK to copy a few, but many copies make it wrong? Just where is the cut off? Fair use is fair
use...

--
Dan D.

..
"RobertR237" wrote in message ...
In article , "L.D."
writes:

"you are stealing a potiential sale from the owner of the rights to
reproduce and sell the music"

Ok it may be a poor example, but if it is, so is yours. Substitute hammer for
music in your example. Then I stole the right of the maker of that hammer of
a potential sale.

OK I do say I shouldn't copy music and sell it. Neither should I copy that
hammer and sell it. I have a pretty nice shop and I've copied several
tools. Now if anyone is going to tell me I can't copy a tool in my shop for
my use or a friend of mine, then our country is getting worse than a
dictatorship. Same goes for music.

Nobody is telling you that you can not make a copy for your use if you paid for
the original but when you download those copies from some source by the
MILLIONS and MILLIONS, you are participating in the theft. By the way, if you
copy that tool totally and start selling it or even giving it away in numbers
sufficient to get the attention of the original manufacturer, you will also
find yourself hip deep in trouble.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)