Old July 26th 19, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 4:15:05 PM UTC-7, Paul T wrote:
At 22:10 25 July 2019, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 2:58:23 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley

wrote:
FAR 91.707
Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, no person may operate a

civil
aircraf=
t between Mexico or Canada and the United States without filing an

IFR or
V=
FR flight plan, as appropriate.
=20
You don=E2=80=99t need a clearance to enter US airspace

Tom. Just file a
=
VFR flight plan. There=E2=80=99s no ADIZ between Canada and

the US by the
w=
ay.
=20
Personally I think you=E2=80=99re jealous....

LOL! Jealous? Hardly.

Based on what I read on the FAA's website, a landing at a port of

entry
was=
required, which Chester did not do. It is the FAA's website that is,
appar=
ently, wrong or inaccurate. I am awaiting a call back from my local

FSDO
on=
this issue.

Tom

What a total dickhead -FFS what does it matter to you? - still
grieving over 1812?, some Canuck did you wrong in the past??.....
with guys like you around no wonder soaring is in decline.

Following the FARs is not optional. Pilots who violate them can impact ALL of us, including you. I wonder how that inspector will react when you call him/her a "dickhead?"