Old March 17th 21, 11:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Experience towing a Grob-103 with a 160HP tow Plane?

The 150hp 7GCBC has less of an issue. The longer wing and flaps help. Again, it’s not just hp that matters. I’ve towed behind 180hp Scouts that were dogs because the extra hp is wasted with a heavier airframe and I suspect a poor prop choice.

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 2:17:17 AM UTC-4, Marton KSz wrote:
I've been towed once by a 150HP 7KCAB Citabria (in a Grob 103a) starting from sea level, there was no drama, although the climb was a bit shallow.
We've been towing Blaniks and PW-6 regularly with a 160HP Super Cub, no issues below 6000ft (western WA).