Old March 23rd 05, 04:24 PM
Rod Madsen

Here are the facts: BP is 155/85. Weight: 197. Height: 6'. Exercise:

30
minutes every day. Family has a history of strokes and high blood

pressure.

The good doctor says the elevated BP isn't being caused by my weight,

which
isn't too far out of line for a 46 year old guy. (Although losing 15

pounds
would certainly help.) He has prescribed Vasotec for me, which *is* on

the
AOPA's list of FAA approved medications, thankfully.

I've had some concerns about blood pressure and it has been addressed br
doctors. Mine is just a little lower than yours, and has been higher on
accasion. I (and my doctor) wouldn't be as concerned as your doctor is.
I'm the same size as you, exercise 1 hour vigorously (free weights) every
other day, and don't take any meds for it.

I'v been told that many BP meds cause erectile disfuntion. Maybe you can
give us a report on that?

Rod