Old January 4th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Plane down in Hudson River

I used to teach at White Plains and our practice area was over the
Hudson between Sing Sing and Indian Point. I can' t imagine how cold
that water must have felt after exiting a warm, comfy (and dry) plane.
Brrrrrr. Knowing the area though, I'm surprised they couldn't have
glided to shore, as that part of the river is not very wide at all.
Unless, of course, they were at low level.

That area is getting to be a popular spot for ditching aircraft. IIRC
an SR-22 went in last summer up by the nuke plant.