Old July 20th 03, 05:07 AM
QDurham

"QDurham" wrote in message
| Breathing at that altitude must be like sucking meatloaf through a
straw

| Inhaling and exhaling aren't problems -- perfectly normal. It is just
that the
| inhaling part doesn't accomplish anything notably p[roductive. One
probably
| has 3-6 seconds of useful consciousness at 30K, no mask. Been there (in a
tank
| bolted to the floor) done that. Utterly unnoticed, utterly painless,
kinda
| fun, and REAL fast.
|
| Quent

I'd like to say that "that's what I meant" and try to bluff my way out of
it. Failing that, thanks for the info.

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Dave wrote:
I'd like to say that "that's what I meant" and try to bluff my way out of it.
Failing that, thanks for the info.
Cheers

Dave Kearton

I was asked to write my name on a clipboard. "How many times?" "I'll tell you
when to quit." So I did (sans mask.) After 4th "absolutely perfect
signatures" , I stopped -- wondering why continue. ****. "I can do this the
rest of my life." (Not far off.)

Instructor slapped mask back on. Vision went from tunnel vision such as one
might see looking down a soda straw to wide open -- in color! Jeeze!
Stunnin!. Maybe 4 seconds. Humans do not store oxygen, and the absence of
same is perfectly painless. Been there. Done that. Delicious experience.

Quent