Old February 26th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Lee[_2_]

Default One week to comment on ADS-B Out NPRM...or you will lose.

One important note: DO NOT just cut and paste Ron's comments. Write your
own. I don't know if this is true of the FAA, but the FCC treats multiple
identically worded comments as one comment. It's not a vote. It's about
making your point well enough to sway the folks making the decisions.

I agree. And if you make the case that this is only viable if they
mandate ADS-B In and a display then the situation is even worse. I
have no need for any ADS-B functionality. If I wanted weather I can
get a 496...but I do just fine without it.

There are plenty of comments athat allow you to see what others say.
Ideally you would read the NPRM..perhaps after reading my comments,
then make a short comment about the prime points such as no benefit
for significant cost.

Ron Lee