Old January 29th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Radio / microphone question.

Speaking of amplified microphones...I was over at your web site and saw
the article from Oct. 1985 on using a transformer to convert a
commercial headset into one compatible for use in a plane.
(KP85OCT.PDF) I was thinking of doing this with a cheap active noise
cancelling headset.

The boom mike is the issue. Is there one available? I was looking for
something cheap to be used as a spare headset, or to be used by an extra
passenger in the plane.

Thanks,
Paul

RST Engineering wrote:
Only if you've got the little amplifier with it that converts the electret
mic to the aviation standard.

Jim