Old October 29th 03, 01:33 PM
dave

Dave Hyde wrote in message ...
dave wrote:

This poem was sent to me by my all grown-up aspiring to be a writer
daughter. Hope you enjoy it....I did.

Eeeeks, that hits kinda close to home.
Here's to conservative planning and buildup.

Dave 'saving an out' Hyde

As a post-script, my daughter (Heather), said this was more of a
compilation of all my aviations projects. Chronologically, my
homebuilding endeavors were as follow:
1st..An elliptical wing Craig Catto designed CA-15 of fiberglass and
mylar. First flight was o.k., other than a landing gear failure.
Heather was too young to remember that one.
2nd..A single place fiberglass and alluminum airplane of my own
design. Very scarey first flight...Heather vaguely remmebers that
one.
3rd...A Kolb Ultra-star. Great plane, east to build and fly, already
a tested design, no problems..she remembers that one very well.
4th... An RV-6A built in my walk-out basement. Source of my "test
flight" comments. No problems at all, but I had her by the runway and
next to a fire-extinguisher. (probably not a good idea)
5th...and current project, (which I built the shop for), another RV6
This one I aquired as a project and am probably halfway through.
She said the poem wasn't so much one of fear for my safety, but more
of admiration and maybe a little bit of "why the heck is he doing
this?" Hopefully, I've got wiser and more careful in my old age, but
we all know why we build airplanes!