Old March 7th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT[_3_]

Default Paperwork list for experimental glass ship

Frank Whiteley has provided samples of Program Letters in previous RAS
posts.

"John" wrote in message
Having recently purchased a new-to-me sailplane, I have been told
about various forms or paperwork I must have to ensure things are
legal - ranging from the program letter stating where/when I will fly
to operating limitations. There seems to be varying stories on what
exactly is required.

Is there a simple checklist (for the USA) on the requirements to
ensure everything is up-to-snuff in terms of the paperwork?

Some Questions:
I have the op-limitations stapled to the airworthiness cert, but it
specifies the state the glider was registered in originally. Does
this have to be updated?

Is there a FORM available for the letter to state where/when I will
fly? The local FSDO just said to write down where I am going to fly
and when, and mail it in - is there no "form"?

What else is required, if anything that might be overlooked? As a new
owner, I just want to ensure I have everything required, and develop a
good checklist that could potentially be used by other future new-
owners.

Thanks for any pointers,

John