Old March 4th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Sealant for polyethylene fuel tank?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 22:53:58 +0100, "Rob Turk"
wrote:

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 08:36:23 +0100, "Rob Turk"
Can you hog it out to the next size pipe thread and put a reducer
bushing in? Make sure you use a tapered pipe thread and do not
overtighten it. Make sure you use FLEXIBLE line from the tank to the
fuselage. Rigid tubing WILL eventually take the threts out of the poly
tank.

That would get me back to the starting situation; What do I use to seal the
bushing, considering nothing seems to stick to polyethylene..

Rob

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. A tapered pipe thread is a "dry seal" thread,
particularly into Poly.