Old July 12th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

Default McCain in '08

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .
| On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:26:43 -0400, Jessica Rhodes

| wrote in ::
|

| And while we are discussing the Keating Five, let's not
forget the rest of the
| Keating Five:
|
| It would seem that they would be off-topic in this message
thread.

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:03:34 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote in
T%Wsg.67139$ZW3.49994@dukeread04::

why?

Because The Keating Five are not the topic the original poster chose
as the subject of this message thread. The thread refers to McCain
not the Keating Five. While McCain was a member of the Keating Five,
the subject only refers to McCain, so discussing the other members of
the Keating Five would appear to be off-topic.

If a reader chooses to change the subject of the message, s/he should
change the subject thus:

Subject: OT: The Keating Five (Was: McCain in '08)

Surely you were able to deduce that.

The subject is "McCain in '08", so discussion of his involvement in the
:Keating 5" IS relevant to the subject line. Unfortunately, the subject
line is relevant to rec.aviation.piloting only by the a thin thread --
namely McCain's relationship with GA.

In that context, his impact on GA IS relevant, as are character issues.