Old June 30th 19, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Source for db25 shell for locking pins on a Becker 4201?

On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 6:00:38 PM UTC-5, Sarah wrote:
Thanks for the comments & presentation link. I didn't see the shell on W&W and I still can't find it on Paul's site.
But no problem... I have 2 coming in the mail from NJ.

Since you mentioned it (on the slide), know of a source for the "Filser/Dittel" sliding catch post-style shell?
That's the type used on my archaic AR3201. Maybe I should just buy a 4201..

Sarah

On 6/29/19 10:03 AM, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 4:27:18 AM UTC-5, Charlie Quebec wrote:
I just removed the factory screws and bracket, then got two of the inside threaded bolts from an old PC and screwed in. Worked great.

A couple of comments;

- Both Cumulus and Wings & Wheels have the Becker locking shells in stock. Unsure about the other vendors.
- While I am not in love with the Becker latching system, preferring the LXNav "bail" type instead, they both have one advantage over the common screw-in type. Which is you can connect/latch the Becker/Filser/LXNav connectors blindly in our tight instrument panel confines.
- See http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#wiring (slide 47) for details.

- John OHM Ω

The LXNav "bail" type bits for the equipment end of things was "easy" to find. See the link below. But the connector eludes me (other than for Centronics types). Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...AgkMEALw_wc B

For the record Wings and Wheels lists the Becker latching "shell" as the alternate term "hood". https://wingsandwheels.com/db25-conn...d-housing.html