Old June 21st 04, 03:11 PM
SelwayKid

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message ...
Anyone know what the rules are what restrictions there are in the KPDX area
on the 4th of July evening? I know there is a large gathering of people at
KVUO in Vancouver I cannot find anything in the NOTAMs. a friend of mine is
wanting to go up that night and take photos of the fireworks from a
distance.

Hi
Seems to me you should go directly to the local source and ask instead
of the guesses you'll get in this forum. The one who mentioned the
Pierson Field permit is the only one who seems to have local info. I
remember the biggest display was there near Pierson or off a barge on
the river. Of course there are others all over the PDX area but there
is also the traffic going into KPDX.
Years back I did a circuit around Disneyland in Anaheim during the 4th
and there were more than 14 aircraft in orbit...some clockwise and
some counter. There was also one damned fool who was so low he nearly
got hit by some of the fireworks and did radical maneuvering to get
out of it. I told the boss that was the last time we did that one and
he agreed.