Old November 3rd 03, 02:57 PM
Shaber CJ

One of our club members also landed his Std Jantar 2 following a winch
launch. A young lady that walked out to look at the glider picked up the
horizontal tail attach pin and handed it to him, as it had fallen out on
landing.

Where I used to fly, we had a pilot landing his Jantar when I saw the elevator
lift off the vertical tail plane by about a foot and start rotating. The glider
pitched up and banked, a wing dug in the ground and I think I saw that wing
bend about 45 degrees. I took off running as the glider was heading for me. I
had learned to keep an eye out when this pilot landed as twice before I had to
run to avoid ground loops (no offense to the pilot is meant, he is a good pilot
who flies every weekend). After the glider came to a rest I ran up to him and
he was sitting in the glider with a stunned look on his face and the cockpit
was half filled with dirt, the tops of the pilots knees where sticking up out
of the dirt.

Craig