Old February 6th 12, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default Multiple Battery Setup

On Feb 6, 8:38*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
PS: This configuration is not an ideal diode;
does not prevent crossfeed as an ideal would...

Question, if you want to keep it pretty simple and just have two
batteries, for example a big 12 volt 15AH like a 12150 and a smaller
back-up like a 4AH Li-Ion. Then this is wired to an A B switch and
you only use the Li-Ion for emergencies. OK, finally the question.
When you switch from A to B doesn't the computer restart? I have
heard of a capacitor you can connect somehow to provide enough voltage
to keep everything from dropping off like, but now we aren't keeping
it simple anymore.

Cheers,
Brian