Old August 28th 18, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C-FFKQ (42)

Default Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 11:00:18 UTC-4, Juanman wrote:

I encourage you to lobby TC to waive this fee. Another issue is that it is only a temporary permit, so that each time you take the same US experimental glider to Canada you have to pay the fee...

Not quite right. The permit lasts for one year. So get it at the start of the season and fly up here for 6 months while the weather holds

I agree that the fee is a nuisance. At least you get to bring your glider here. I part-own a Twin Lark IS28B2 that aged past 35 years, so we put it into Owner Maintained to keep it flying. Now, the FAA won't let us fly it in the US. Nothing we can do about that.