Old January 3rd 04, 06:45 PM
Peter Duniho

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
r.com...

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:5KDJb.738451$Fm2.658693@attbi_s04...
Weird. Bob's post appeared normally on my PC.

Same here. No crap.

That's because you are all using a newsreader that interprets HTML, which is
what Bob's original post was written in.

He shouldn't have used HTML (nor should anyone be posting to a newsgroup
like this one using HTML), and Robert wound up suffering because he did.
Most people don't, just because their newsreader is hiding poor posting
practices from them.

(Actually, the truth is that if you're paying attention, even in Outlook
Express or other HTML-aware newsreaders, the HTML posts look different. The
poor posting practice isn't so much hidden, as it is made less obvious to
those not aware of the issue).

As for the topic at hand, I don't know much about the Seminole, but without
knowing the weights of the four people in the plane, I don't see how Bob can
say that it's "not a real four passenger airplane". I'm not a small person
(200 pound-ish), and I've flown a 172 with all four seats occupied with
adults, and legally so at that.

Seems to me it's a little premature to be making conclusions about the cause
of the accident. Could easily be that the aircraft load had *nothing* to do
with the crash.

Pete