Old February 6th 04, 07:23 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dude" wrote in message ...

Those that ask usually want no more than a 10 year note on a leaseback,
which you MAY be able to negotiate up with a larger down payment. Or you
can fib, just make sure that there is no language in the contract to prevent
you from later deciding to put the plane on leaseback.

Believe me, MBNA specifically places that restriction in the loan documents.
I had to get a "consent to leaseback" from them when I had my plane on leaseback.

Of course, MBNA seems to have gone down hill, following the fine tendency
for any AOPA recommended service to be a good deal for nobody but AOPA.
They so screwed up my account and ****ed off both my mechanic and insurance
agent...that it was easier for me to just pay off the remainder of the loan than
to deal with the arrogant asshole there.