Old February 9th 04, 03:31 PM
Ron Natalie

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...

Well this kind of stuff happens at all banks, sometimes it behooves
thme to be less than efficient. I have had banks play all kinds
of games. Often they attribute the problems do to just mistakes
on the part of their employees. It's amazing how the mistakes
always seem to go in their favor.

I had set up the thing to be automatic payment from my checking account.
Twice this managed to get hosed up on the MBNA end. The latter time some
goofy charge of under a dollar kept getting propagated from month to month.
I called numerous times to inquire as well as buttonholing the MBNA reps at
Oshkosh and the AOPA expos several times to complain. Never once got
a promised answer.

The last straw was when I had a damage claim on the plane. As is typical,
the insurance company made the check out jointly to me and MBNA as the
lienholder. Since the work had already been performed, I asked them to
just endorse the check back over to me (I've had similar situations with
claims on homeowners policies, etc.... it's never ever been a problem). Well
MBNA wants proof the work was done. I fax them the bills, they call
the shop, the shop owner (who is the most laid back guy I've ever met) says
the loan guy is an arrogant jerk. This goes round and round. Finally, I note
that the balance on the loan is LESS than the check they're sitting on. Tell them
to just use the check to pay it off.

Now get this, of course, I didn't endorse the check so they can't cash it. So
they mail it to me (but they've already endorsed it, so I could have just as easily
cashed the thing). I sent it back anyhow. Still took several calls to get the
payoff handled and the balance sent back to me.

This is typical of MBNA (also had some fun with their credit card department).
If everything goes fine, it's a good deal. Even Jeannette Ving and the folks in
the acquisition department are good people. However, if anything goes wrong
their customer service people are a bunch of arrogant idiots and you're lucky
if anything gets straightened out.