Old January 10th 20, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 6'7" and looking for a glider

There was a very tall (about your size IIRC) German pilot at Ridge Soaring several years ago. If I'm not mistaken, he was on their national team. I don't remember what glider he was flying but he had a parachute rig that had the container for the canopy stored in the "baggage'area and attached to his harness. It was an interesting set up - maybe custom made?

I have an ASW 15 and you can cross that off your list. At 6'1", with a chute on and seat back removed my head was less than an inch from the canopy.

If you can fit in an ASW 20 with the seat back out, I have a Pegase that I will likely be selling in the spring. Same fuselage more or less, depending on who you talk to.