Old September 7th 05, 03:55 AM
Mike Rapoport

"Paul kgyy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, Dave. I just read the directions that came with the monitor
(always read the directions LAST :-() and that says to use 90% of your
"customary" level. e.g. people who live at 5000 feet don't normally
show 100% but have developed tolerance so 85-86% is probably OK if your
normal level is 95%.

When mountaineering we normally see resting numbers in the high 80s when
first arriving at a new altitude, this usually goes to the low 90s within
two days. Most people are not feeling very well in the low 80s. I have
never used an oximeter in an airplane but I imagine that it would be about
the same..

Mike
MU-2