Old September 7th 05, 12:08 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Stefan wrote:

What you do in the hospital is one thing, what you need to be able to
safely fly is an entirely different thing. In our glider club, we have
equipped all gliders with an EDS pulse demand oxygen system. We think we
have been flying noticeably better since we've routinely used it as low
as 7000ft and certainily are less tired in the evening.

I only mention it (90%) as a reference to what physicians consider minimally
acceptable for folks basically at sea level (~700' msl). I recognize that our
needs as pilots are different in that we generally do nothing more physical than
sit on our butts and push buttons. We do need a clear head though....

Above 10,000 feet I get a momentary twinge of lightheadedness if I cough. I
can't really define any other obvious change though. I've never explored higher
than 12,000 feet without pressurization so I can't say how rapidly I'd fall
apart as I go higher.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE