Old August 13th 04, 12:55 AM
Matt Young

Never been told "round robin" by controller before, but my instructor
and I have filed for such a trip. FSM (Fort Smith, AR) in both
departure and destination, route including the airports we intend to do
approaches at - ie FSM V13 RZC XNA (NW AR Regional Airport) RZC H34
(Huntsville, AR) WESTY FSM

Then for comments we put approach at XNA, H34, FSM

Fort Smith clearance delivery happily tells us
"Skyhawk 669RA is cleared to Fort Smith airport as filed..."
John Clonts wrote:
"SFM" wrote in message

I am not so sure he was still on his flight plan. Since he only filed to

SCK

once he left there they probably closed his IFR Flight plan and had him on

VFR one. When he requested the change to leave SCK and go to TCY he should
have used the phrase "I would like to ammend my flight plan to go to TCY".

It is a confusing situation that the pilot created what would have been

the

best solution would have been to file all the flight plans, upon finishing
up at each ariport pick up his new clearence to the next stop. Thsi is

what

ATC likes us to do in the midwest.

I was in Austin Saturday and called clearance delivery and requested a local
IFR clearance to do some approaches at some surrounding airports. They said
"will you be returning to Austin?". I said yes. They said "N7NZ cleared to
Austin via round-robin, climb and maintain 3000, departure freq
x.xx....etc".

I had heard of that before but this was the first I'd actually heard it
literally, from ATC.

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas