Old October 9th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default When to descend

In a previous article, "Dan Luke" said:
You are coming from northeast of SFB. ATC says "Cleared direct UDUZI,
maintain 4000' until established, cleared RNAV 9L approach."

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0710/00917R9L.PDF

When do you descend below 4,000 and to what altitude?

Good question. What does "established" mean on GPS approach? I'm
guessing they said that because they don't want you to descend to the
sector altitude (2700) when you hit 30nm out, so I guess I'd wait until
crossing UDUZI and descend to 2000. In a T182, I'm guessing you'd need to
make at least 1000 fpm to get to 2000 before UGMAH.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
....I've discovered the one thing worse than people who open attachments